Monday, August 1, 2011

Motivation

     August is a fresh start for everyone and it can be the time to turn things around, all you need to is have one good day and make it carry you through to the next.  When you wake up you can use the previous day to motivate you through the next basically making you a wave that can over take anything.  Yes it might sound corny or cliche but its something little like that make people able to do amazing things.  If someone can do something amazing or special why cant you.  Motivation is defined as the driving force people use to achieve their goals, why that is important is because everyone has it.
      I am not a super athlete by any means in fact I know a lot of guys who are better than me and see them pass me in every race, but I am able to use that constant reminder that I am not the best to motivate me through each mile marker.  You have to be able to take whats around you and use it to fuel your soul to give you the strength to push through and endure.  When I see a 65 year old man doing a marathon or a triathlon I am more impressed than seeing someone young bust out a sub 2:30 marathon.  The person who runs that fast is blessed with natural ability but someone in their 60s putting their body through that is inspiring to me.  Don't think that I'm taking anything away from someone that fast, I would love to run a sub three marathon but I love the idea that I could still be racing at 65 a heck of a lot better.
     The human body is an amazing machine it is capable of so much, all we have to do is try to find things to make it perform.  So when you think you can't do something stop and think about someone else has done this before and "So can I".  Realize the only limit we really encounter that we have control of is our own mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment